The website howstuffworks (from the folks at the Discovery Channel) has a primer on mobile banking – it's geared toward consumers but it's interesting for us industry insiders to see how they characterize the service offerings and technology.
The article is divided into 6 chapters
- Introduction to How Mobile Banking Works (conceptual intro)
- Mobile Banking Background (history, pull vs. push transactions)
- Basic Mobile Banking Technologies (IVR, SMS)
- Advanced Mobile Banking Technologies (WAP, Applications)
- Current Mobile Banking Providers (Citi and BofA)
- Lots More Information (links to related howstuffworks content as well as a bibliography of sources used to write the article)