I post often on the failure of IT projects and recommend specific project leadership and change management tips to salvage your key initiatives. Today Michael Krigsman, at ZDNet's IT Project Failures blog, highlights the critical role that training plays in ensuring success of technology implementations.
- Inadequate budget and planning for training
- Poor instructors and training material inappropriate for the audience
- Too much focus on specific tasks, too little focus on why the business process is changing and the benefits
- Training does a poor job of tying IT solution to business objectives and process
- IT doesn't ask for help from internal or external training resources