by Russ Jones
I completely agree with this thumbnail mobile banking strategy. But let’s refine it a little into the 10-step cookbook version.
The 10-Step Cookbook for Glenbrook’s Mobile Banking Strategy
- Create a small-screen CSS style sheet for your current online banking site (easy, no budget necessary!)
- Autosense small displays on your regular online banking website and redirect to the small screen version (potential differentiator)
- Put an SMS front end on the “information only” IVR account queries (optional step, for serious banks only)
- Create a “Mobile Security” policy statement. (Hint: Use your existing security talking points, copy verbatim.)
- Get an .mobi domain for the small-screen version of your existing website (Demonstrate mobile savvy!)
- Get your PR department involved (mandatory) and spin them up
- Announce your Mobile Banking offering through a press release
- Send press release internally to senior management team (politically important)
- Promote your new Mobile Banking offers on screens throughout bank’s ATM network
- For extra credit, repeat steps above exactly for Small Business Mobile Banking strategy.