by Russ Jones
I recently took a look at the eBay Q2 2007 10-Q SEC filing to get some more details on the PayPal growth story. Read on for the details.
Q2 2007 Quarterly Results
- Purchase Volume – $11.69 billion (up 32% YoY).
Note: PayPal continues to grow faster than the market
- Revenue – $454 million (up 34% YoY).
Note: PayPal is 24.8% of eBay revenue (don’t know trend)
Business Mix (based on revenue)
- 58% Domestic / 42% International
- 58% On-eBay / 42% Off-eBay (was 39% in Q4 2006)
- Business is trending off-eBay and trending international
Business Model and Metrics
- 153 million registered users, 35.9 active in Qtr (23.4% active)
- 3.7% Net Transaction Revenue.
Note: Net Transaction Revenue was 3.6% in 2005
- 172.9 million transactions
- $67.6 average ticket size