This has nothing to do with finance and everything to do with your day-to-day life (at the office and elsewhere).
Guy Kawasaki – VC, former Apple evangelist, and a very entertaining blogger – recently posted a list of things he wished he'd learned in school and points out how traditional education does a poor job of training us all for the workplace.
10+ things Guy Kawasaki wishes he had learned at school:
- How to talk to your boss
- How to survive a meeting that's poorly run
- How to run a meeting
- How to figure out anything on your own
- How to negotiate
- How to have a conversation
- How to explain something in 30 seconds
- How to write a one-page report
- How to write a five-sentence email
- How to get along with co-workers
- How to use PowerPoint
- How to leave voicemail
Need some remedial help? Read Guy's original post here.